The oldiest historic building in the town is the church of St. Petr and Pavel. Probably it was built in the place of the original chapel of St. Mary, as indicates the late roman and early gothic fragments of stone pieces in the walling from the end of the 12th century or beginning of the 13th century. After fire in 1507, the church was reconstructed in the late-gothic style.
The nave of the church is vaulted by the typically South Bohemian reticulated vault, supported by three pillars. There are two star vaults under the choir loft.
Daylight enters the church through the colourful gothic windows. There is a picture of St. Petr saying goodbye to St. Pavel from the second half of the 18th century on the main altar.